Clarity

• 1.  Process steps execute at the same time

Posted Sep 27, 2016 10:18 AM

I have a process in clarity with 2 very simple steps.  The process flow diagram appears correctly as seen below.  However, when it executes, it seems as though the steps are executing simultaneously rather than the set order.  Is this a possibility, and is there a solution?  Can I delay the second step until the first is done? (currently in the first step there is a serial condition that points to the second step)  this process runs in approximately 1 second.  

the start's condition points to remove, remove points to grant, and grant points to finish.

Flow (which looks correct):

1st steps conditional:

• 2.  Re: Process steps execute at the same time

Posted Sep 27, 2016 10:30 AM

I see that the action in your step 1 is Custom script. Can you just verify the completion mode set in action properties? For your use case, it has to be set to synchronous.

By the way, if the process just takes 1 second to complete, how did you arrive at the point that the steps are running simultaneously?

• 3.  Re: Process steps execute at the same time

Posted Sep 27, 2016 10:53 AM

hello, it is set to synchronous.  The outcome of the job leads me to suspect that either they are running at the same time or out of order.  Is there a way to put a delay between them or trace the steps after they are completed?  Maybe it would be better to have two separate processes since it runs every hour, I could set one to run a minute after the other.

• 4.  Re: Process steps execute at the same time

Posted Sep 27, 2016 11:15 AM

From the details you provided so far, I strongly believe that the steps are executing sequentially. I would probably check below:

-    Query table bpm_run_steps(down to milliseconds) to confirm that the steps are executed in order.

-    Check the custom scripts. It may happen that step2 is overriding step1 etc

• 5.  Re: Process steps execute at the same time
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 29, 2016 09:39 AM

I moved the second step to the "Finish Step" section, and now it is working as planned.