The rep.xml file lets you store repository credentials so you do not have to connect to the repository every time after launching Datamaker. You may want to create a new rep.xml file to allow this functionality or because you are experiencing error messages like 'System.Exception: rep.xml information not found in DM directory" and want to resolve them.
CA Test Data Manager (TDM), also known as Datamaker (DM).
This applies to all versions of Datamaker.
- From within Datamaker, click on the 'Security' tab in the toolbar.
- Choose 'Users and Groups' from the drop down list.
- Login with your Administrator credentials.
- Click on the blue 'XML' button in the top, right-hand corner.
- On the pop up message listed below, click the 'OK' button:
- Go to C:\Users\<users>\AppData\Roaming\Grid-Tools.
- Copy the rep.xml file.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Grid-Tools\GTDatamaker.
- Paste the rep.xml file here.
- Re-start Datamaker to make sure there were no problems with the rep.xml file.
If you experience any issues, please open a support case on https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or call 1-800-225-5224.