This document will explain how to find the license expiration date for Datamaker, open a license support case if the license is expired, and apply the license for CA Test Data Manager (TDM)-Datamaker.
CA Test Data Manager- Datamaker release version 3.2.1 has a different licensing system than TDM 3.2 and below. That is why there is a different set of license instructions for this version. If you have TDM 3.2 and below, please see the following document: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1747631.aspx
Where can I see when my Datamaker license is going to expire? How can I request a new license if it is expired?
CA Test Data Manager (TDM), also known as Datamaker
Release versions 3.2.1 and above.
View the license information in Datamaker:
- Within Datamaker, click on the 'Settings' tab.
- Choose 'Enter Activation Key' from the drop down.
- The date will show next to 'Activated: License expiring xxxx-xx-xx'
- If your license is expired or is about to expire, follow the next set of instructions below.
Create a license request case:
- Go to and login to CA Support Online: https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome
- If you do not have a CA Support Online account, please register or call 1-800-225-5224 for assistance.
- Next to 'Welcome to CA Support', click the 'Menu' bar, which is an icon with four horizontal lines.
- Click on the 'Licensing' icon.
- On the CA Licensing page, in the top, right-hand corner, choose the 'Open an issue for CA Licensing' link.
- Here you will be taken to the 'Customer Care Request Form': https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/customercare
- Fill out the following 'Account Information':
- Please indicate your relationship with CA: (CA Customer, CA Employee, Other)
- CA SiteID: If you do not know this, please call 1-800-225-5224
- Request Type: CA Licensing
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Company Name:
- Company Address:
- Postal/Zip Code:
- Telephone Number:
- Corporate Email Address:
- Fill out the following 'Details' information:
- Type of License: General Licensing for All Other Products
- Problem Description: Require license for CA Test Data Manager. (If you need a trial version or a specific license, you can add this information here)
- Product Name: CA Test Data Manager
- Release Name: 3.6 (or whichever version you are currently using)
- What operating system are you using? (Choose from drop down list)
- Do you want to add an attachment: No.
- Please enter security code: See letters in grey box and enter them here.
- Click the 'Submit' button.
- You will get a message saying that case '00******' has been created and someone will be reaching out to you shortly. Take note of this case number.
- A member of our customer care (licensing) team will create the offline license key you require and email you within 24 hours.
Apply the license:
- Launch Datamaker.
In cases where the license has already expired, Datamaker will prompt for a new license key when you launch the software. If this is the case, skip to step 6.
- Sign in and connect to the repository.
- Connect to the desired target and source profiles.
- Click on the 'Settings' tab at the top of the toolbar.
- Choose 'Enter License Key' from the drop down menu.
- The license pane will appear. Paste the license given by the customer care team into the text box.
- Click the 'Save' button.
- You will need to restart Datamaker for the license to take effect.
If you experience any licensing issues, please open a support case on https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or call 1-800-225-5224.
For further licensing information, please see our online documentation: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/3-6/en/installing/install-ca-test-data-manager/request-and-apply-licenses