CA Service Management

• 1.  assign ticket to non member of group

Posted Sep 28, 2016 08:35 AM

In C2 path of CA Servicedesk...we can assign ticket only to the member of group. incase if we want to remove this feature so that we can assign a ticket to an assignee who is not part of group what option we need to enable or disable? please suggest?

• 2.  Re: assign ticket to non member of group

Posted Sep 28, 2016 09:03 AM

This is controlled by an internal pre-validate SPEL trigger, which calls cr::require_assign(assignee, group, type) or chg::require_assign(assignee, group) depending on the object type. Issue works the same as chg.

The function is in the obfuscated file so you can't modify it there. What you can do is to override the function and implement it the way you want (or not implement it). You'll need to experiment to find out the correct return values.

I have a vague recollection of seeing an option in some older version's options manager but I couldn't find anything in r12.9 when I checked, so if it still exists I'd like to know.

• 3.  Re: assign ticket to non member of group

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2016 06:38 PM

Are you referring to the enhancement listed under 'User and Group Assignment' in the following documentation:

CA Service Management Release 14.1.02 Enhancements - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 4.  Re: assign ticket to non member of group

Posted Oct 13, 2016 06:33 AM

Hi Subbarao

Have a look at this tech doc: TEC1661437

There is the below info on it, which may perhaps help?

NOTE: If you install "Any_Contact" option, all Contacts and Groups are displayed when you click on those Lookup links.  However, the Assignee/Group relationship still holds true, to populate both the Assignee and Group fields the selected Assignee must be a member of the group.

Out-of-the-box, there is no way to change the behavior. If you need to display all Groups, please remove the argument in the Additional Search Arguments field, and then click on <Search> button again.

Kind Regards,

Brian