To see document with screenshots, view here: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1107947.html
If you would like a certain feature to be added or you have an idea for the product, this is the process for creating an enhancement request for Test Data Manager.
How do I submit an enhancement request for Test Data Manager?
CA Test Data Manager (TDM)- All components
All product release versions.
- Go to CA Test Data Manager
- In the top, right-hand corner click on down arrow of the 'Actions' button.
- Choose 'Idea' from the drop down list.
- Here on the 'CREATE A NEW IDEA' page fill out the following:
- Title Your Idea: (Title/Headline/Subject)
- Add some persuasive details: (Middle textbox section) Please include-
- The problem you are facing without the enhancement or the main idea for the new feature.
- The release version of Test Data Manager you are currently using and any other relevant environment details.
- The expected results or outcome you are looking for with the enhancement.
- The impact this is having for your project.
- How soon you would need the enhancement ideally.
- The potential business impact if it is not provided.
- Tag this idea with any keywords that would be helpful for other users to find your Idea.
- Under 'Categories' check the box for 'CA Test Data Manager'.
- Under the 'Advanced Options' click 'Add authors' if you would like to mention a colleague or CA employee that you worked with on this Idea so you both will be notified of any updates.
- To submit the idea click the blue 'Create Idea' button at the bottom of the screen.
- What to expect next:
- You and other community users will be able to 'vote' for this enhancement request. Be sure to vote 'Up' for your own idea.
- It will be reviewed by product managers at frequent intervals who will decide if the enhancement will be added to the product and when.
- You will be notified of the enhancement request's progress by the Idea post being marked as 'Under Review', 'Currently Planned', or 'Delivered' by CA.
- This is our formal way of documenting enhancement requests and a lot of them really do get added to the product, so we highly recommend creating an Idea or joining or monitoring the community in general.