After launching Fast Data Masker (FDM) and connecting to a SQL Server database profile, I get the error message ‘Connection Error: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication.authentication.’
Error recreation steps:
- Launch FDM by double clicking on the icon on your desktop, or by going to your FDM directory located at C:\ProgramFiles\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker and double clicking on the GTMAPPER.exe.
- Copy the default connection 'connectSQLSERVER.txt' by selecting it in the 'Connection Profiles' list on the left of the window and then clicking on the 'Copy Connection' button at the bottom of the window.
- Enter in you own database connection information including:
- New connection name
Note: This is the name that will show in the 'Connection Profiles' list once it is saved. You will not see any underscores you type inside this connection window. It will look like there is a space there instead. For example, ‘connect_test’ will appear as ‘connect test’. If you get an error about the ‘Connection Name’, make sure the name starts with the word ‘connect’ before it.
- Choose 'SQL SERVER' from DBMS drop down box.
Note: The options of what you will be typing in next will change based on what DBMS is chosen from the drop down.
- Server Name\Instance
- User Name
Note: If this is a trusted connection, you should not have to enter a username, password, or port.
- Database Name
- Default Schema
- Save the connection by clicking on the 'Save' button at the bottom of the window.
- Connect to this profile by clicking on the 'Connect' button at the bottom of the window.
Now you will see the error- ‘Connection Error: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication.Authentication.’
Fast Data Masker (FDM)
SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, or 2014.
If you get this error, it means that you are missing a SQL Server authentication DLL file from your Fast Data Masker directory folder.
- After getting this error, close your FDM application.
- Go to your FDM directory. The default installation location for this will be located at C:\ProgramFiles\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker
- Open up the SQLSERVER_DLLs folder.
- Copy the file labeled sqljdbc_auth.dll.
- Paste this sqljdbc_auth.dll into your FastDataMasker folder located at C:\ProgramFiles\Grid-Tools\
- Re-launch FDM by double clicking on the icon on your desktop, or going to C:\ProgramFiles\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker and double clicking on the GTMAPPER.exe.
- Enter in the SQL Server database credentials you used previously.
- Click the ‘Save’ button.
- Click the ‘Connect’ button.
You should now be able to connect to Fast Data Masker and the first page you see is within the ‘Masking’ tab.
If you experience any more issues connecting, please open a support case.