Service Virtualization

• 1.  Is it possible to virtualize the WS which is making DB entry?

Posted Sep 28, 2016 06:12 AM

Hi Team,

Im trying to virtualize one of our webservice (SOAP), this real service is to make table entry in DB returns successful; Otherwise returns duplicate as table record exists already.

Using devtest web portal, I have recorded the WS to virtual service. When I tried to hit VS, I'm getting message as successful or duplicate. But actually its nt creating a table entry in DB nor searching for duplicate records. Our testing is to validate the return message as well as table record.

Is this possible to create virtual service in this case/scenario?

Note: My application is JAVA based and database is DB2

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to virtualize the WS which is making DB entry?

Posted Sep 29, 2016 03:50 AM

Hi,

I hope in your case there no benefit if you virtualize the Web Service.
    As per my suggestion LISA test can help you here to trigger a request to webservice and validtate response according to your requirement.
    You can also check whether the data is inserted into DB using LISA test.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to virtualize the WS which is making DB entry?

Posted Sep 29, 2016 06:22 AM

Is LISA test part of DevTest tool? or is it new tool? If u have any forum link, plz message

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to virtualize the WS which is making DB entry?

Posted Sep 30, 2016 10:32 AM

DevTest is simply the newer name for LISA. IIRC, the name change was done in version 8.0.

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to virtualize the WS which is making DB entry?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 30, 2016 04:37 AM

Are you trying to test the Web Service? From the look of it, the Web Service is part of your test scope, and you should not be virtualizing it.

You can use the CA Application Test which comes together with DevTest Solutions, to create test cases to send the request, validate the response and the DB entries

• 6.  Re: Is it possible to virtualize the WS which is making DB entry?

Posted Oct 03, 2016 10:16 AM

Hi, ananthi1.v,

Regarding product naming, SV, AppTest, and CAI are all part of the same solution suite, now called DevTest (previously LISA). They're simply referring to separate functionality in the solution.

You might benefit from reviewing the "matching" section of the documentation here: Match Tolerance - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

It would also be helpful to review the AppTest tutorial for testing DBs: Tutorial 9 - Examine and Test a Database - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I hope that provides some guidance.