Clarity

• 1.  Cannot change ETC Start Date on Assignment

Posted Sep 28, 2016 11:39 AM

We need to change the ETC Start Date on an Assignment and we cannot. For some reason the ETC Start Date is currently set at 2/1/17.  The allocation, task, and assignment start dates are all set for Sept 2016.  We cannot change the ETC Start Date to Sept 2016.  All finish dates go out to 2018.  We have tried changing the ETC amount and let the Time Slice job run.  We can change the amount, just not the start date.  We also tried changing the Loading Pattern from "Front" to "Uniform".  Also, tried doing a timesheet adjustment to force recalculation.  Nothing seems to help.  Any advice is appreciated!  We are running version 14.3  Thanks, Greg P.

• 2.  Re: Cannot change ETC Start Date on Assignment

Posted Sep 28, 2016 12:02 PM

If the RESOURCE (on that ASSIGNMENT) has posted a timesheet for period at the end of Dec then it will not let you move ETC before that?

(just a GUESS)

• 3.  Re: Cannot change ETC Start Date on Assignment

Posted Sep 28, 2016 12:11 PM
      |   view attached

Dave,  Thanks for reply.  That makes sense.  I tried changing Start Date to today (no posted timesheet) with no success.  It would not even let me change ETC Start Date to 1/1/2017.

Thanks, Greg

Greg Paisley

IT Systems Consultant

BB&T, IT Tools Team

GPaisley@BBandT.com<mailto:RRubin@BBandT.com>

• 4.  Re: Cannot change ETC Start Date on Assignment

Posted Sep 28, 2016 12:37 PM

"Actuals Through Date" - its a pretty fundamental thing in the system; only ACTUALS exist before the actuals-thru-date and ETC can only exist after it. Its related to the resource only (nothing to do with their project assignment).

So if your resources have a habit of booking their Christmas-holidays in the application well ahead of when they actually occur, then this would be a problem for your PMs.

(still GUESSING obviously - you would need to look at the date of the last posted timesheet for that resource to prove it was this ; you can also see the actuals-thru-date value against assignments but you need to configure it into the stock views as its not there by default)

• 5.  Re: Cannot change ETC Start Date on Assignment

Posted Sep 29, 2016 02:56 PM

Dave,

Thanks for your lesson on “Actuals Through Date”.  I have not heard much about that important date in PPM.  I did investigate that and found out that was not our problem.  But while investigating that, I saw that the resource had no Availability from Sept 2016 thru Jan 2017.  Then I discovered that (for some reason) the resource had NO active working days scheduled during that time in his PPM resource calendar!  So the ETCs could not begin until Feb 2017, when he once again had working days scheduled.  Thanks for helping me find the issue!

Thanks, Greg

Greg Paisley

GPaisley@BBandT.com<mailto:RRubin@BBandT.com>

The information in this transmission may contain proprietary and non-public information of BB&T or its affiliates and may be subject to protection under the law. The message is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please delete the material from your system without reading the content and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission.

• 6.  Re: Cannot change ETC Start Date on Assignment

Posted Sep 30, 2016 04:00 AM

Ha ha - yes that would do it too I would think!

Glad you got your answer ; there is often many different things that can influence things like this so its often a process of elimination and one-answer doesn't fit-all!