CA Service Management

• 1.  Auto Close Blocked

Posted Sep 28, 2016 12:02 PM

Hi,

I'm working with CA SDM version 12.9, and we need to set the automatic closure for ticket, but to close a ticket, manually it requires filling required fields, and automatic shutdown does not work.

you can help me set an exception for the automatic closing automatically fill in the required field?

Regards,
    Marco Velazquez.

• 2.  Re: Auto Close Blocked

Posted Sep 28, 2016 12:14 PM

Are you saying that if a ticket is manually closed there are fields that you require filled out but if the ticket is automatically closed you don't need those fields filled out?

• 3.  Re: Auto Close Blocked

Posted Sep 28, 2016 12:55 PM

of course Lindsay Estabrooks, if the ticket closes of form automatically, the rule not work. because a required field in the status of closed, has no information documented.

we need the rule to work, and omit the required field in the closed status.

• 4.  Re: Auto Close Blocked

Posted Sep 28, 2016 01:17 PM

Why not just make the same fields required for both the 'resolved' and 'closed' statuses?  That is what we do.

By doing this, the required fields will be completed when the ticket is 'resolved', and then it will be able to automatically closed. 

Tammy

• 5.  Re: Auto Close Blocked

Posted Sep 28, 2016 01:22 PM

It is a good option tzadell, but our customer needs this field required to close. that's why we started with research.

• 6.  Re: Auto Close Blocked

Posted Sep 28, 2016 01:47 PM

I do not understand your requirement that a 'Closed' status reached by manual means has different criteria than when reached by automatic means.

1. What fields does your customer require filled on for status 'Closed' that they do not require for status 'Resolved'?
    2. If you have implemented Auto-Close, why do you also allow users to manually close?

• 7.  Re: Auto Close Blocked

Posted Sep 29, 2016 02:02 PM

like putting a default value in a text field.
    I need to add a variable in the code of WSP.

<PDM_MACRO name = dtlTextbox hdr = "Mark" attr = zEnter>

Deputy imajen example with the default value I need.

• 8.  Re: Auto Close Blocked
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2017 02:22 PM

Marco........

Are you still having issues with this requirements?

Tammy Zadell provided a work around that she has in place.

If you are not able to implement the suggested solution, customization might be required which would require CA Services.