CA Service Management

• 1.  There is a step by step installation jasper CABI 6.2 for fools who can send me

Posted Sep 28, 2016 11:02 AM

there is a step by step installation jasper CABI 6.2 for dummies..

• 2.  Re: There is a step by step installation jasper CABI 6.2 for fools who can send me

Posted Sep 29, 2016 08:57 AM

• 3.  Re: There is a step by step installation jasper CABI 6.2 for fools who can send me

Posted Sep 29, 2016 09:34 AM

Hi Juan Carlos,

There are three pieces to the installation of Jaspersoft.  First, you need to install and configure the pre-reqs for Jasper as per the documentation (i will provide you a link below).   Second, you need to install Jasper server.  And then Third, you need to configure Jasper for CA Service Management.  The instructions for all of this are split up between two documentation sites as follows:

The instructions to install and configure the pre-reqs for jasper can be found here:

Prerequisites - CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server - 6.2.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

The instructions to install Jasper itself can be found here:

Installing CABI - CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server - 6.2.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Then lastly, the instructions to configure Jasper for CA Service Management are found here:

Configure CABI JasperReports® Server r6.2.0 for CA Service Management - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies D… 

What I will say is that the instructions for all of this are fairly clear and easy to follow, its just that you need to ensure you follow ALL steps, EXACTLY as they are documented, and this will work.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: There is a step by step installation jasper CABI 6.2 for fools who can send me

Posted Sep 29, 2016 09:48 AM

Jon,

I just posted this to the main Wilki section, but repeating it here as well.  Where are the instructions for securing CA BI JasperReports via SSL?  It is not in any of the provided links.

Thanks,

J.W.

• 5.  Re: There is a step by step installation jasper CABI 6.2 for fools who can send me

Posted Sep 29, 2016 10:04 AM

J.W.  

You can find instructions on how to secure Jaspersoft via SSL at this link

Using SSL in the Web Server | Jaspersoft Community 

Regards,

Steve

• 6.  Re: There is a step by step installation jasper CABI 6.2 for fools who can send me

Posted Sep 29, 2016 11:46 AM

Thanks, Steve.

Hopefully, the DocOps folks will see this and add it to the main Wiki along with the other references to SSL for all the Service Management components.

J.W.