Service Virtualization

• 1.  New Registry Not Running According To Enterprise Dashboard

Posted Sep 29, 2016 01:18 PM

Using DevTest 9.0

I just setup my 11th service virt environment, the same way that I always have.
    However, when I go to start the Registry service for this new one, the Enterprise Dashboard shows that the Registry is "stopped".

o

It's weird because I can delete that Registry from the Enterprise Dashboard, then restart the Registry Service and see it immediately recreate the Registry entry on the Enterprise Dash, yet it immediately pops up as "stopped".

There are no errors in the Registry logs and the service process shows that it's running (although it's not really).  Additionally there no errors in the Enterprise Dashboard logs.

Any ideas on where I can look to figure out what the problem is?

• 2.  Re: New Registry Not Running According To Enterprise Dashboard
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 29, 2016 01:40 PM

Just thought of this.

The node that the Registry was setup on hasn't been added into our DNS system yet.
    So you can't hit it via its Hostname. (have to hit it via IP address for now)
    Is it possible that Enterprise Dashboard service is trying to respond back to the Registry, but it can't because it can't resolve the hostname for the node that the Registry lives on?

FOLLOW-UP SUGGESTION FOR CA
    It would have been really nice if the ED Dashboard could've given some kind of error about being unable to contact the Host that the Registry was running on.

• 3.  Re: New Registry Not Running According To Enterprise Dashboard

Posted Sep 29, 2016 02:07 PM

That's exactly what it was.
    Talked to my infrastructure people and got them to update DNS and now the ED Dash shows that the Registry is running.