CA Service Management

• 1.  Schema Designer error at try to publish a new "z" field

Posted Sep 29, 2016 12:52 PM
    We're working with CA SDM 12.7, and we need to create new custom fields "z" into CA SDM; we did following steps:     -start "WSP"
       -go Schema Designer    -create column "z" in table "cr"
    So far so good but, when we saved changes, It showed me the next error:

New column failed in backend: timeout waiting for reply after 20 seconds

And action of create new "z" field It wasn't performed. This error was produced into production environment of our customer and is very important to solve quickly. Any suggestion for solving this problem??
    I attach an image of this error.

Thanks a lot for your attention and help on this.

Best Regards!!!

Daniel Codallos.

Hi!!!

I also attach a new image of error produced to try create a new "z" field on Schema Designer.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Daniel Codallos

• 2.  Re: Schema Designer error at try to publish a new "z" field

Posted Sep 29, 2016 01:59 PM

Hi Daniel,

This is a known issue that is fixed in the later versions of the product.  The only thing I can say is to try to save the changes again several times and it may work.  It usually has to do with performance.  Unfortunately 12.7 is no longer supported, so we would not be able to offer you support assistance at this time.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Schema Designer error at try to publish a new "z" field

Posted Sep 29, 2016 02:16 PM

Hi, Jon, good afternoon.

Look, I've looking for a similar error has occurred on another environments, into foums, and here, in SDM community, but unfortunately I haven't found any post or answer related of problem we have on Schema Designer, and for this reason I created this post. Please, could you send me something can help to solve issue we have???

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Daniel Codallos

• 4.  Re: Schema Designer error at try to publish a new "z" field
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 29, 2016 03:35 PM

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately we dont have anything to fix it in your version of Service Desk.  As I mentioned its fixed in later versions.  I would recommend shifting focus to moving onto a supported version of the product such as 14.1, where this problem would be fixed.

Thanks,

Jon

• 5.  Re: Schema Designer error at try to publish a new "z" field

Posted Sep 29, 2016 04:20 PM

Hi Jon, good afternoon.

Thanks so much for your answer, As you mention, version of CA SDM is not longer supported, and this problem was fixed on new versions, so I think we'll resume newly upgrade theme with our costumer to try fix this situation at create and publish new "z" fields into Schema Designer.

Thank you!!!

Best Regards, Daniel Codallos. 

• 6.  Re: Schema Designer error at try to publish a new "z" field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2016 05:29 PM

Daniel,

I've run into a similar issue many times related to some inconsistency in the schema data. A common problem is that the wspcol has a reference to a table that isn't value. You may want to look through the wspcol and wsptbl data and make sure neither contain any dangling references.

• 7.  Re: Schema Designer error at try to publish a new "z" field

Posted Sep 29, 2016 07:32 PM

Hi Alexander.

Thanks so much for your help to solve this problem, so, in your situation, did you do something besides you mention about 'wspcol' and 'wsptbl' data for solving your problem???

Thanks in advance for your valuable answer about it.

Best Regards, Daniel Codallos.

• 8.  Re: Schema Designer error at try to publish a new "z" field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2016 09:46 PM

Daniel,

In the past a full review of those tables was performed, and anything that had a dangling reference needed to be cleaned up.