Layer7 API Management

• 1.  No data is being shown from portal API Reports

Posted Sep 29, 2016 04:03 PM

I created a cluster with two gateways.  I also set up portal for the clusters.  I completed the installation instructions for portal.  In portal, I see a list of all portal managed services in the gateway.  I have made many requests to these APIs.  I can enable and disable them in portal.  However, from the portal dashboard -> Analytics -> API Reports, I do not see any activity.  (Before running the report, I add the APIs to the list.)  Did I miss any installation/configuration steps?

• 2.  Re: No data is being shown from portal API Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2016 07:57 PM

Jeffrey,

You will need to configure the Portal Metric Sync following the instructions found here: Configure the Portal Metrics Synchronization Utility - CA API Developer Portal - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: No data is being shown from portal API Reports

Posted Oct 03, 2016 03:25 PM

Thanks for the quick response.  I was out Friday.

I have already run the Portal Metric Sync.  ./test-portal.sh returns "Database connections okay."  I have examined the portal_metrics.log.  It also shows that database connections are OK, and it contains messages that rows have been inserted into the service_metrics_details table.  However, from the portal, when I navigate to Analytics -> API Reports, and select all available APIS, the generated report shows no data.

• 4.  Re: No data is being shown from portal API Reports
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 05, 2016 03:23 PM

Solved the problem.  I had a typo in the dest.url value in the metrics.properties file.