Plex 2E

• 1.  Failover Server Switching in CA Plex WinC Applications : IMB machine

Posted Sep 30, 2016 03:43 AM

Hello,

If the server is the IBM machine, can we do 'Failover Server Switching in CA Plex WinC Applications'?

EBCDIC error is not output when we add under the Settings section of the INI file as shown below.

[Settings]
    Failover Switching=True

However, we set the Failover Switching to True and a Location List is specified for the primary remote server, but the runtime will not attempt to use the alternative list of locations to establish a remote connection if the primary server cannot be found or actively refuses the connection.
    The  Runtime will attempt to establish a connection to the primary server.

[Settings]
    Failover Switching=True

[Location List: Remote]
    Location0=BackupServer

[BackupServer]
    ;Settings for the backup System i server
    System=Server2
    Protocol=TCPIP
    OpSys=AS400
    Program=YOBSYRPC
    Library=PLEX710
    Job Description=PLEX710/PLEX
    Buffer Size=4
    Port=60710
    UserId=User
    Password=
    Code Page=201
    ;If set to 1 then System i runtime connection dialogs are suppressed
    TCPIP Dialog=0
    Path=

In the case of the IBM machine, can we not switch connection to the backup server?

Regards,
    Hifumi

• 2.  Re: Failover Server Switching in CA Plex WinC Applications : IMB machine

Posted Mar 16, 2017 05:57 AM

Hi Niconico,

Thank you for this information.

I would like kill the CA:plex Winc Application in automatic when the dispatcher YOBSYTCPCT is missing (for sample: the weekend when we ended the sous-system Qinter). but the message dialog 'ERROR EBCDIC' is coming before the value *failed of the field CallStatut in the Ca:plex Program. then we need a user action.

TCPIP Dialog=1  ==> this kind of dialog isn't suppressed.

Have you some idea about this problem?

Thank for your help

Frédéric

• 3.  Re: Failover Server Switching in CA Plex WinC Applications : IMB machine

Posted Mar 24, 2017 03:45 AM

Hi FredMen,

I have thought about your problem.

I think that automation of applications can not be realized unless processing can be done after getting TCP/IP connection error.
    As far as I know, there is currently no way to process after acquiring a TCP/IP connection error.

I wish it would be possible to process after acquiring a TCP / IP connection error. . .

Regards,
    Hifumi