DX NetOps

• 1.  Severity option missing for configuring process monitoring in Spectrum 10.1

Posted Sep 29, 2016 04:54 PM

We have some processes running on servers that we have been asked to monitor procAlive.  Looking at the configuration for the Monitored Processes, the choice box for Severity is missing.  Is this an issue with the SystemEDGE agent on the target server (5.1.0)? 

• 2.  Re: Severity option missing for configuring process monitoring in Spectrum 10.1

Posted Sep 30, 2016 01:58 PM

I have Spectrum 10.1 installed with a SysEdge 5.9.0 agent installed and I am not seeing this issue. 

Joe

• 3.  Re: Severity option missing for configuring process monitoring in Spectrum 10.1

Posted Oct 04, 2016 11:54 AM

We have a few versions of the SystemEDGE agent installed throughout our enterprise.  I’m seeing this specifically with a group of servers running 5.1.0 SystemEDGE agents.  However, I did find some other servers with the same agent version that still included the severity choice I’m looking for.  I’m wondering if it might be something related to the OS on the device running the agents?

Thanks

Steve

• 4.  Re: Severity option missing for configuring process monitoring in Spectrum 10.1
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 16, 2016 11:28 AM

Please be advised that SysEDGE 5.1 is no longer supported (and hasn't been since August 2014):

CA Virtual Assurance for Infrastructure Managers and CA Systems Performance for Infrastructure Managers 12.0 SP02 (12.0.… 

Please also note that only SysEDGE 5.8.2 and 5.9 are currently supported:

CA Virtual Assurance for IM (VAIM) Releases 12.6, 12.7.0, 12.7.1, 12.8.0, 12.8.1 End of Service Announcement - CA Techno… 

The oldest MIB that I have immediate access to is 5.6 (which is just one version newer from 5.1 despite the larger version jump) and 5.6 should most certainly support severity. The severity flag and aggregate monitoring was one of the big features in SysEDGE 5.x (from the initial 5.0 release) and most certainly should be supported in 5.1 as well. I suspect that there would be something blocking this on the Spectrum side (either due to the version of Spectrum or Spectrum displaying different options depending on the version of the agent available).

I would recommend updating the agent regardless.