Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM 15.1 Install

Posted Sep 29, 2016 04:03 PM

Hi there, recently I try to install the new version on a test environment, and get a few problems.

1 - The java build dint contain the jar.exe

2 - I choose to install an older version of java, went OK!

3 - Finishing all the install of the app, I found that the services didn't appear. When I run the "service status all" I get the following "cscript not recon...." also in the windows service page the only service was the beacon.

With other build we have no issue. we are evaluating the 14.4 and the installation work great.

If anyone have any suggestion, we will be very great-full.

Regards,

Pablo

• 2.  Re: CA PPM 15.1 Install
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2016 05:32 PM

Hi Pablo,

The CA PPM application ISO should have normally contained the following file:
    jdk-8u91-windows-x64.exe
    Was this not the case? It would be in a separate folder in the iso, not in the jar build.

You can also download and install any Java that is 1.8.0.91 or higher and 64 bit. If an older Java version is used, it will not be supported, as the minimum supported version is:

Java Runtime
     •Oracle Java SE JDK 8 update 91 (64-bit) or higher patch level.

For a test environment you could try the following to remedy the issue:

1. Install Java JDK 1.8.0_91 or higher
    2. Reset the JAVA_HOME environmental variable to the above Java JDK folder
    3. Add
    %JAVA_HOME%\bin;
    In the PATH system variable
    4. Ensure all the values in the PATH that contain “(86)” are enclosed by double quotes. Example:
    %JAVA_HOME%\bin;%NIKU_HOME%\bin; C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath; "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\DSM\bin";"C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CBB\";C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CBB\;

You can use Notepad to correct and copy the values and ensure everything is correct.
    5. Correct java home in $clarityppm\config\properties.xml to the folder you used in step 1. Save
    6. Open a NEW command prompt (do not reuse an old one) and run the commands:

service add app bg nsa
    service deploy all
    service start all 

See if that helps. -Nika

• 3.  Re: CA PPM 15.1 Install

Posted Sep 30, 2016 04:45 PM

Thanks a lot, the problem was on the PATH value.

Cheers!

One more thing, I just get the 15.1 installed, but I do not see the visual enhancement, do we need to set a new configuration? o any add-in.

regards,

Pablo

• 4.  Re: CA PPM 15.1 Install

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2016 05:48 PM

Hi Pablo,

Glad this helped!

Are you trying now to enable the New User Experience? If yes, try following the steps mentioned here:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-1/en/getting-started-with-the-new-user-experience

There are also some videos that can help you understand what exactly is the new functionality and how to benefit from it. I’d recommend you check them out.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 5.  Re: CA PPM 15.1 Install

Posted Oct 03, 2016 04:23 PM

Nika, once again, thanks for this helpfull tip. Cheers.