CA Service Management

• 1.  Support Automation Digital Certificate Expiry - October 4th

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2016 03:13 PM

This message is to inform the Community that the Digital Certificate that is associated to Support Automation and its executables will expire October 4th, which is next Tuesday. Patches have been published that will need to be applied in order to replace the necessary files with a version of the files signed with a new certificate.

Who does this affect?

All users of Support Automation. Patches have been created for Service Desk Manager 12.9 and 14.1.

What is the impact of this problem?

The impact may vary. Support Automation may continue to function, but analysts who launch Support Automation may see a message like this:

image001.png

The analyst should click "Run" and the application should continue to function. If the analyst selects "Always trust contact from this publisher" they shouldn't get the prompt again.

In our testing the End User launch received no prompts and continued to launch successfully.

Please be aware that newer versions of the Java client may actively block launching the Analyst client, due to increased security settings in the client. This additional blocking may render Support Automation completely unusable.

How can this be resolved?

The following fixes are available and should be installed on any Service Desk Manager server that is running the Support Automation component.

Service Desk Manager 14.1:

RO921801 - Windows server

RO92182 - Linux server

RO92204 - Solaris server

RO92205 - AIX server

Service Desk Manager 12.9:

RO92206 - Windows server

RO92207 - Linux server

RO92208 - Solaris server

RO92209 - AIX server

If you have any questions please respond and I'll do my best to provide the information.

• 2.  Re: Support Automation Digital Certificate Expiry - October 4th

Posted Sep 30, 2016 03:39 PM

Thanks for the 'heads up' to the community Alex!

Support Automation Digital Certificate Expiry - October 4th 

• 3.  Re: Support Automation Digital Certificate Expiry - October 4th

Posted Oct 01, 2016 08:09 AM

Hi Alex,

Wow, I'm not going to be able to schedule getting this applied on our production system before Tuesday, so I really hope if we do get the warning, we are able to continue.  

I at least want to get it applied in our test system now, but I'm having trouble finding the path to the temporary SupportBridge directories to delete the content as explained in post installation step #2.  I've looked everywhere on both the C and D drives, and cannot find the listed folder.  Please advise.

2. Before verifying webLaunch client related functionality, make sure          
       content from the temporary  Support Bridge directories is deleted.          

Temporary Support Bridge directories are specific to each                   
       platform. Here is the path of the temporary SB directory                    
       for each platform.                                                          

a. Windows 7:                                                                  
    i.     C:\Program Files\CA-SupportBridge                                       
    ii.    C:\ProgramData\CA-SupportBridge                                         
    iii.   C:\Program Files (x86)\CA-SupportBridge  

Thanks,

Tammy

• 4.  Re: Support Automation Digital Certificate Expiry - October 4th

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2016 04:17 PM

Tammy,

I do understand that the timing doesn't provide a large head's up, and I am sorry about that.

In regards to the paths, are you looking on a machine that has only launched the analyst client previously? Those paths are only associated to the end user clients, so if you've only ever been an analyst on your PC the path may not be present.

If you have run the end user there, it's possible the files only exist in the user's personal "temp" directory.

• 5.  Re: Support Automation Digital Certificate Expiry - October 4th

Posted Oct 01, 2016 06:51 PM

Thanks so much for replying, Alex.   I misunderstood and was looking for that directory on the server.

So everything in that folder gets removed?  

Thanks,

Tammy

• 6.  Re: Support Automation Digital Certificate Expiry - October 4th

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2016 09:22 PM

Tammy,

Yes you can safely delete them. They are basically temp files, if they aren't present they'll get redownloaded during launch.

• 7.  Re: Support Automation Digital Certificate Expiry - October 4th

Posted Oct 03, 2016 07:01 PM

Thanks, Alex.