CA Service Management

• 1.  Data partition for Priority

Posted Sep 30, 2016 12:13 PM

Hi,

I would like to restrict the access of analyst login where they cannot change the priority of incident / Request.

This can be done ( i believe) through data partition but not sure about condition, please help me to achieve this. 

• 2.  Re: Data partition for Priority

Posted Sep 30, 2016 12:57 PM

Data Partitions can be used to restrict the update of a record but not a single attribute.

To achieve this I would create a form group for the Access Role and then have a modified version of the appropriate htmpl files in the form group folder. In the modified versions I would change the Priority field to display only.

• 3.  Re: Data partition for Priority
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 30, 2016 01:26 PM

Hi Sheik, as you and i discussed, since you only want to do this for one user, you will have to create a separate access type, with a separate role, and separate form group.  Then customize the detail_in.htmpl to change the priority, impact, and urgency fields to read only, and then the detail_cr.htmpl form to change the priority field to read only.  Then put the two custom forms into the new form group.  Then move that user to the new access type which has the new role, and thus the new form group with the custom forms.

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: Data partition for Priority

Posted Apr 10, 2017 01:25 PM

Hi Jon

I can not find as from detail_cr I can place the read only priority field as it is in the form of the incident. you help me?

Thanks

• 5.  Re: Data partition for Priority

Posted Apr 10, 2017 03:00 PM

You should be able to find the form file detail_cr.htmpl in the folder $NX_ROOT\bopcfg\www\htmpl\web\analyst. Copy it from there to the folder $NX_ROOT\site\mods\www\htmpl\web\analyst and edit it there using Web Screen Painter (WSP) or a text editor.

detail_cr.htmpl is the form for Requests

detail_in.htmpl is the form for Incidents

$NX_ROOT is the folder where Service Desk is installed.