Service Virtualization

• 1.  Questions related to Config File deployment and Parameter the config file name

Posted Sep 30, 2016 10:43 AM

hello - I have two questions around config files which will help us a lot in case if resolved..

1.  Different configs -- We have multiple lisa server configs and multiple lisa servers as well.. every virtual service developed needs to be deployed into different lisa servers with different config.. at the moment we need to change the registry from workstation and deploy in each and change back the registry to other servers .. 

Do we have any better process for this please ? can we define any logic in config file or model to deploy the service across the different environments ?

2. Can me change the VSM name using lisa property .. like usually we use property within double braces to represent a property.. 

reason is I have 5 config in each project and one VSM.  so whenever I deploy the VSM in same environment with different config it will be good display the VSM name in server console something like "VSMName_ConfigName"..

I tried this option which did not work.. i.e., define a key in config property and value stored under this property is name of the config.. 

now, modified the VSM name to VSMname_{{the key name under config}} .. but this did work.. when it deployed to console it shows the same name rather than replace the value for {{the key name under config}}

• 2.  Re: Questions related to Config File deployment and Parameter the config file name

Posted Oct 18, 2016 07:04 PM

Melanie_Giuliani

looks like no one has come across this query.. could you please help to get some answer  if possible.. 

• 3.  Re: Questions related to Config File deployment and Parameter the config file name

Posted Oct 20, 2016 04:54 PM

Koustubh.Warty - do you know who we could direct this question to, to try and get DevTestUser an answer?

• 4.  Re: Questions related to Config File deployment and Parameter the config file name

Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:50 AM

Hi,

I have an alternate solutions:

Q1:

Connect all VSE's in different Environments to single Registry While Deploying VSM select respective VSE server and config file,You service will be deployed on expected machine with respective config file

Q2:

While Deploying we can see Name in above screenshot BaseImage_vsm_TEST,by renaming it to "VSMName_ConfigName",same u can see in console

Same case if you want to run Testsuites with different config file i suggest use LISA INVOKE,since u are expecting VSM to be deployed try above option.

Thanks

Jaya

• 5.  Re: Questions related to Config File deployment and Parameter the config file name

Posted Oct 22, 2016 07:32 PM

Q1:  This will not be good idea of connecting all other server on same registry.. because if one registry is down then everything will go down.

Q2:  Yeah currently we are doing that but this leads to typos.. every time we need to manually change this and remember what we had set earlier.. else need to refer back in console 

• 6.  Re: Questions related to Config File deployment and Parameter the config file name

Posted Oct 24, 2016 08:09 AM

Hi DevTestUser,

I have few questions that I need in order ti help you:

1. Why you need different Config files? Because if you connect to different LISA Environment then you don't need to be bothered about the Config files. Just I have doubt about this, let me know what are details you are keeping in the different Config files else we can eliminate this one.

2. If we eliminate the Config files, then we don't need to be bothered about the renaming the VSE's renaming them.

Let me know about the above questions as I'm kind of confused.

Thanks,

Abhishek

• 7.  Re: Questions related to Config File deployment and Parameter the config file name

Posted Oct 27, 2016 12:06 PM

Because different config has different details, we deploy service on different ports, queues etc., 

• 8.  Re: Questions related to Config File deployment and Parameter the config file name
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2016 12:05 PM

Another option you have that gives you flexibility in terms of deployment will be to use CLI tools like VSE Manager and Make Mar to build the mar files and deploy to multiple target VSE's programmatically based on rules defined by you. You can control and keep track of where you are deploying. More information on these utilities at the links given below.

https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/9-5/en/using/using-ca-service-virtualization/vse-commands/vse-manager-command-manage-virtual-service-environments

https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/9-5/en/using/using-ca-application-test/using-devtest-workstation-with-ca-application-test/working-with-model-archives-mars/make-mar-utility

Thanks,

Surya.

• 9.  Re: Questions related to Config File deployment and Parameter the config file name

Posted Oct 27, 2016 12:05 PM

Thanks .. it may not be much helpful in my case but can be used based on need..

it would be good in future if there is way to define the registry details and authentication inside config file and can be deployed from one registry to different registries.