Clarity

• 1.  Passing Grid portlet value to HTML portlet

Posted Oct 03, 2016 05:34 PM

Hi Team,

I have a grid portlet which displays resource id and resource name. I need to pass the resource id from the grid portlet to html portlet and the html portlet should be exact replica resource page. How can we pass the data from Grid portlet to Html and displaying data in html portlet dynamically ?

Thanks,

Arun

• 2.  Re: Passing Grid portlet value to HTML portlet

Posted Oct 04, 2016 09:23 AM

Can I know why you need HTML portlet when we already have OOTB resource properties page?

Anyways, I think URL redirection in Clarity may work for such use case. Have you tried that already? If not ,you may check out posts in this community which explain URL redirection in Clarity.

Using such technique, you can pass resource id to HTML portlet placed in a page. I assume building HTML portlet is out of scope for this question.

• 3.  Re: Passing Grid portlet value to HTML portlet

Posted Oct 04, 2016 05:04 PM

As Sridhar says normally we'd link to the resource properties page (query linking)

You could create a drill in portlet which displays the resource information, which is straightforward and simple.

Or if want the answer to what you asked, you'd could connect via a WSDL and render the HTML with your own scripting.

However the latter is overkill for what you need