CA Service Management

• 1.  Set up email notification for custom status

Posted Oct 04, 2016 01:33 PM

We would like to send a separate email notification for the "Closed-Unresolved" status. How do I sync the Activity Notification with the "Closed Unresolved" status?

I have done the following:

- Created the "Closed Unresolved" Activity Notification.

- Created the "Closed Unresolved" email notification rule.

- Created the "Closed Unresolved" email template and checked the "auto notification" box.

- Added the "Closed Resolved" Related Activity to the notification rule.

• 2.  Re: Set up email notification for custom status

Posted Oct 06, 2016 08:55 AM

Hi Laura,

It looks like you have it set up correctly as far as I can see.  In the notification rule, did you set up the object contact(s) that you want to receive that notification, such as the assignee, or affected end user?   

This should trigger once the action of putting the ticket into a "closed unresolved" status.  

If you take a look at the out-of-the-box default closure notification, and compare that to your new one, it may give you an idea of what may be incorrect causing it not to work.

Let us know,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Set up email notification for custom status

Posted Oct 06, 2016 09:40 AM

Hi Laura and Jon,

no, this is wrong.

If you do a status change e.g. from Open to InProgress, you will see, that a generic Activity named "Update Status"

is triggered. No "InProgress" or something like that. Just a generic "Update Status".

The few exceptions you can see (Closed, Resolved) are HARDCODED.

So, if you want to send a specific notification, when the status is changed to "ABC", then you need to use the

Activity "Update Status" and add a Notification Rule with a condition for the status "ABC".

Regards,

Erhard

• 4.  Re: Set up email notification for custom status

Posted Oct 06, 2016 09:43 AM

Ah yes Erhard, you are 100% correct, that was my mistake.  So for this you would need a condition checking for that updated status and to send a notification based on that.

Jon

• 5.  Re: Set up email notification for custom status

Posted Oct 07, 2016 09:30 AM

Yes, Erhard is right! I've done this before.

• 6.  Re: Set up email notification for custom status

Posted Oct 07, 2016 07:11 AM

Laura, is this question answered or do you need assistance?

• 7.  Re: Set up email notification for custom status

Posted Oct 07, 2016 10:42 AM

Once I have added the notification rule to the regular "Close" Activity Notification, along with the conditions, I am now able to get it to work. Thanks for the help!