IT Process Automation

• 1.  ITPAM with Office 365

Posted Oct 06, 2016 04:45 AM

Hi,

We need to read a mailbox hosted in the cloud under Office 365 by ITPAM Process using EWS Protocol.

So we have two queries:

1. Technically how is it possible (expecting some high level steps) and whether it is feasible at ITPAM Process level or not

2. Will it require to buy any extra license which will allow ITPAM to communicate with O365 over internet from on premise ITPAM setup.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Shovan

• 2.  Re: ITPAM with Office 365
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 06, 2016 09:17 AM

Hi Shovan,

I'll caveat my comment with the statement that I haven't actually tried connecting to EWS on Office 365 yet, but I have done it quite often locally.

From what I have read online (as I will be attempting to connect to a SharePoint 365 site shortly) it is only a matter of changing the URL that you are using in your Webservices to the online EWS endpoint.

https://<ONLINE_URL>/EWS/Exchange.asmx

vs an internal service endpoint which is usually:

https://<EXCHANGE_SERVER_HOSTNAME>/EWS/Exchange.asmx

I don't see why any extra licensing would be required on the CAPA side, and AFAIK there is no additional costs on the Microsoft side for connecting automation tools via EWS.

You would need to have rules in your Firewall that allow communication to the Internet from the Server (or preferably a designated Host) where you will have the job execute.

Hope this helps,

Ian

• 3.  Re: ITPAM with Office 365

Community Manager
    Posted Oct 18, 2016 01:13 PM

Shovan,

I've gone ahead and marked your question and assumed answered because it appears that Ian's answer has helped you. 

If you're still having trouble, please let us know!

• 4.  Re: ITPAM with Office 365

Posted Jun 20, 2018 05:16 AM

Hi Lenn

can you pls share the exported workflow need to configure and test the mail parsing based on some searching criteria ?