DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Max limit on SNMPCOLLECTOR's Wireless Interface?

Posted Oct 05, 2016 12:39 PM

Hi,

Is there a maximum limit imposed by UIM on the SNMPCOLLECTOR's Wireless Interface discovery?

This is because, I noticed it is always capped at 330 interfaces, but our WLC has more interfaces, and some were not discovered. (These are supposed to be access-points by the way)

The reason we are doing this is so that we can monitor the Availability% on each access-points, because we need to report on this percentage every month.

• 2.  Re: Max limit on SNMPCOLLECTOR's Wireless Interface?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 03:29 PM

Hi Boon.Logicalis, this is a great question!

I couldn't find you a quick answer so I've reached out to some developers from the snmpcollector team.

I'll update this page once I hear some more information. What version of UIM and SNMPCOLLECTOR are you using?

• 3.  Re: Max limit on SNMPCOLLECTOR's Wireless Interface?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 02, 2017 03:43 PM

Hi Boon.Logicalis,

There is not a limit on the number of wireless interfaces, but only the interfaces that exist a the time of discovery will show up.  There may be more or less of them at some point, and it would take a re-discovery to update the list.

• 4.  Re: Max limit on SNMPCOLLECTOR's Wireless Interface?

Posted Mar 04, 2017 12:09 AM

Thanks Philip. The issue was fixed after we upgraded the SNMPCOLLECTOR version. I don't remember the exact version number though, I though it was version 3.21 that fixed it.

Daniel, it "was" a bug. We are sure that all wireless interfaces are up.

By the way, my role has moved, I am no longer looking after the UIM platform in my organisation.