Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Need help on Favorites Issue

• 1.  Need help on Favorites Issue

Posted Oct 07, 2016 03:19 AM

Hi All,

We are trying to add one of the CA PPM page to favorites, but its first letter of the page is cut off and added to rest of the page name to favorites. For instance I am trying to add "Key Initiative List" to my favorites, it occurs as below.

fist letter "K" was missed.

In below instance another user trying to add "Release Plan List", Here letter "R" was missed.

We observed that this happen only Single page type of pages.

If we add a page that has tabs, it adds the tab name to the favorites list and this works properly. see below screen shot for your reference.

Anyone have the same issue? Is this is a bug?.

Our CA PPM Version/Build  is 14.2.0.237 05 12. 

Please help us, how to resolve this issue. Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Need help on Favorites Issue

Posted Oct 07, 2016 08:16 AM

Notice you have a custom theme, i've seen some strange behaviour when the CSS has been changed incorrectly.

Change the theme back to a stock one and see if the issue repeats. (clear local browser cache too)

• 3.  Re: Need help on Favorites Issue

Posted Oct 07, 2016 08:25 AM

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your response, We have different custom themes on our each environment (Dev, Test and Prod). I didn't see this issue in our Dev/Test environment. The only difference between lower environments and PROD is Load balance url we are using for PROD environment. For lower environments we are using direct server urls.

Is SSO/Load balance url causing this issue?

• 4.  Re: Need help on Favorites Issue

Posted Oct 07, 2016 09:03 AM

Hi Andrew,

We have updated our lower environment theme with PROD theme, now we can able to reproduce the issue in our lower environment. Thank you.

Not sure how to fix it.

• 5.  Re: Need help on Favorites Issue

Posted Oct 07, 2016 09:44 AM

It's difficult to know exactly where the CSS you are using is causing problems without seeing it.

What I would do is compare the code between the themes, you should see the issue

• 6.  Re: Need help on Favorites Issue

Posted Oct 07, 2016 11:29 AM

You may also look at page source(Inspect Element) and see what is really stored in database. This may help you know whether the problem is during marking a page as favorite or displaying. 

• 7.  Re: Need help on Favorites Issue

Posted Oct 10, 2016 06:50 AM

Hi Sridhar,

I have verified in database, in database also cut off the first letter. see below screen for your reference.

Here Letter "K" was missed.

• 8.  Re: Need help on Favorites Issue

Posted Oct 12, 2016 07:21 AM

Hi Sridhar,

Do you have any idea why in database also first letter was missed? Thank you

• 9.  Re: Need help on Favorites Issue

Posted Oct 12, 2016 09:00 AM

So, there is a problem while marking a page as favorite

As Andrew pointed out, it may be the case with UI theme. Do you see this behavior in other browsers as well?

• 10.  Re: Need help on Favorites Issue

Posted Oct 13, 2016 08:55 AM

Hi Sridhar,

Yes. I can see same issue on other browsers too(IE, Firefox and chrome).

• 11.  Re: Need help on Favorites Issue

Posted Oct 19, 2016 04:05 PM

Hi- can this be replicated on the out of the box themes? If so you should log a ticket for investigation. If it is custom themes then this posting is the correct avenue.

• 12.  Re: Need help on Favorites Issue

Posted Oct 20, 2016 07:19 AM

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for your response. We have verified this issue on out of the box themes, it is working fine on OOTB themes.

We have other custom themes also for each our environment(Stage, Dev and Test), this is working fine on other custom themes. Only one theme which we applied on PROD causing this issue.