DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UMP portal responding very slowly

Posted Oct 06, 2016 01:41 PM

Its regarding UMP portal responding very slowly, can please someone let me know what should i do to improve the performance.

Regards,

Manish Sharma

• 2.  Re: UMP portal responding very slowly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2016 01:46 PM

in my experience, UMP slowness is very likely related to DB slowness.   

DB slowness can be caused by a high level of fragmentation on the database indexes.

See the following for information:

Knowledge Base Articles 

Aside from this, check the following KB for UMP/USM peformance troubleshooting:

Knowledge Base Articles 

• 3.  Re: UMP portal responding very slowly

Posted Oct 06, 2016 02:02 PM

An out of the ordinary but something that does come up, is a network issue between the system hosting the database and the primary hub, in which case a Wireshark pcap may be most helpful. If it shows back and forth communication with no delay it indicates a database side problem as Jason points out. On the other hand if it has things like 'packet retransmission' and 'packet out of order' the network team needs to be engaged. Otherwise a network level problem can be hard to identify and yet can result in all types of problems, UMP is slow, data_engine queue backing up, problem deploying probe, hub/robot status going red a lot, etc.

• 4.  Re: UMP portal responding very slowly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2016 02:03 PM
      |   view attached

I don't see that the KB Article link is working so here is a copy of my pdf (attached). Manish, if you have any questions pertaining to the document, email me at stephen.danseglio@ca.com

• 5.  Re: UMP portal responding very slowly

Posted Oct 06, 2016 03:20 PM

Thanks a lot Stephen for this DOC, will let you know if i would require your help on any point.

Thanks a lot again for such a great help.

Regards,

Manish Sharma

• 6.  Re: UMP portal responding very slowly

Posted Oct 07, 2016 11:03 AM

Thanks a lot everyone for all the help on this issue.

One more thing which is not performing as expected is USM portlet in UMP, its not allowing to add more then one interface for an IP in container and whenever we are trying to add two interface in one go, its not doing that although after adding one interface we are clicking on "+" sign to add another interface for same IP, but after clicking on "apply filters" tab its not showing both or giving error message of "page needs to be refreshed" 

Therefore its taking lot of time if we need to add more then 1 interface of 1 device.

Please help us on this as right now its consuming lots of time to add interface in UMP portal USM portlet.

Regards,

Manish Sharma

• 7.  Re: UMP portal responding very slowly

Posted Oct 07, 2016 11:19 AM

Hi Manish,

Please raise a support case for this issue. As you need a more rapid response the support channels is the best route to take.

Thanks

• 8.  Re: UMP portal responding very slowly

Posted Oct 07, 2016 12:17 PM

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response and surely we would raise a case to resolve this issue ASAP, however one last suggestion required from your side that we observed that apart from USM portlet all other pages and portlets working absolutely fine, so issue seems to be with USM portlet, therefore please suggest that whether HOTFIX for USM portlet would be a better option to give a try for this issue.

Regards,

Manish Sharma

• 9.  Re: UMP portal responding very slowly

Posted Oct 10, 2016 04:12 AM

Hi Manish, 

Any new fixes would need to be developed/delivered through a support case, so as Mark suggested, please raise a support case and we can investigate further and determine what the resolution should be.

Thx

Pete