Service Virtualization

• 1.  Unable to retrieve broker properties

Posted Oct 06, 2016 03:08 PM

Hello Supportlisterners,

I have demo server on my local windows machine and have my broker running on a Linux server. I have made changes in the run.bat of demo-server to point to the broker and I see the same in the agent log. The connection is established but when I try to see the transactions recorded in the portal , I don't see any and the agent log gives me the below error.

Unable to retrieve broker properties: com.itko.lisa.remote.plumbing.JMSInvocationException: Broker could not be reached after 30000 ms to execute 'return Rules.getProperties();'
    [DevTest AGENT:A][ERROR][10592][20][Connection Establisher][10/06 13:49:28 (339)] Unable to retrieve broker properties
    com.itko.lisa.remote.plumbing.JMSInvocationException: Broker could not be reached after 30000 ms to execute 'return RulesHandler.getAgentRules(1438274950, true);'
    at com.itko.lisa.remote.plumbing.JMSAgentClient.invoke(JMSAgentClient.java:1481)
    at com.itko.lisa.remote.instrument.rules.RulesHandler.retrieveAgentRulesFromBroker(RulesHandler.java:309)
    at com.itko.lisa.remote.instrument.Rules.retrievePropertiesFromBroker(Rules.java:527)

Regards,

Shivakumar

• 2.  Re: Unable to retrieve broker properties

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2016 10:47 AM

Hello Shivakumar, 
    What version of DevTest are you using?
    Exactly what changes did you make to run.bat?
    Is port 2009 blocked on either machine?

Best Regards, 

Ricky

CA Application Insight Support

• 3.  Re: Unable to retrieve broker properties

Posted Oct 11, 2016 03:44 PM

Hi Ricky,

I'm using CA DevTest 9.1 and below are the changes which I have made to the run.bat in the demo server

As I have my registry and broker are running on a linux server and the demo server is running in my windows machine, I have given the Registry URL in the broker URL instead of the broker URL(Hope its correct) and from my windows I could able to connect to the Registry URL. The agent log also says the connection is established but the transactions are not getting recorded when I check for them in the portal.

Regards,

Shivakumar.

• 4.  Re: Unable to retrieve broker properties
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2016 03:54 PM

Hi Shivakumar, 

Please change the ports from 2010 to 2009. The agent needs to connect to the Broker instead of the Registry.

Please let us know the results...

Best Regards, 

Ricky

CA Application Insight Support

• 5.  Re: Unable to retrieve broker properties

Posted Oct 11, 2016 04:49 PM

Thanks Ricky..That worked..I could able to see the agent now.

Regards,

Shivakumar

• 6.  Re: Unable to retrieve broker properties

Posted Oct 11, 2016 05:53 PM

Hi Ricky, one more question, when I started creating the baseline assets in portal from the recorded transactions by agent (VS,Testcases,Datasets),I see them created in the project which is residing on the server where the portal service is running. Is there a way I can point my portal to my local project dir and when I create the baseline, all the assets get created in my local project directory?

Regards,

Shivakumar.

• 7.  Re: Unable to retrieve broker properties

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2016 12:17 PM

Unfortunately, no. The project list is pulled from the registry machine.

Thanks, 

Ricky