CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How to create a custom includes.xsl and place on filestore

• 1.  How to create a custom includes.xsl and place on filestore

Posted Oct 06, 2016 04:11 PM

How to create a Custom Includes.xsl and place on filestore

We have created a includes_custom.xsl file to keep common settings.  The affected xsl files such as catalogbrowse.xsl have references to include_custom, just like the OOTB includes.xsl.  The purpose of this file is to keep environment settings (urls etc) in one place as we promote from dev to prod.

The new includes file works well when I place it in same location as the OOTB includes.xsl on each server (we have multiple SC servers).  However, our file store is NAS storage on the network, and I would like keep the file here. 

How do I reference the custom_includes.xsl when it is on the file store?  I would prefer it to be in filestore\custom\explorer\request.  I tried some different combinations but get an error.  It appears to be always concatenating the root path plus the file store.

Example of reference in xsl files:

<xsl:include href=" FileStore/custom/explorer/request/common_includes.xsl" />

Examples of Errors in ServiceCatalog.log:

ERROR:  'D:\Program Files\CA\Service Catalog\view\webapps\usm\explorer\request\FileStore\custom\explorer\request\custom_includes.xsl (The system cannot find the path specified)'

Any help is appreciated.

• 2.  Re: How to create a custom includes.xsl and place on filestore

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2016 07:18 AM

Good Day Wohlgemuth.

When you check the SC/Admin/Config/File Store Information in the Service Catalog(SC) UI, you'll see e.g.
    File Store Location = C:\Program Files\CA\Service Catalog\filestore

As far as I can see now, it is this value that gets taken to be appended with the 'href' you define.

Original folder-Root Path:
    C:\Program Files\CA\Service Catalog\view\webapps\usm\...
    Sub folder 'explorer\...'

To be copied into Filestore folder-Root Path:
    %USM_HOME%\Filestore\custom\...
    Sub folder 'explorer\...'

I hope this helps you a little bit further?
    Although I am aware it is not a 100% proven/solution for this question.

Kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.