Service Virtualization

• 1.  If JDBC connection fails due to authentication, how many times does it retries to connect.

Posted Oct 06, 2016 05:56 PM

I have a Test Script that connect to DB for validation, it was failing because the password got change. But when we checked the db logs it seems there are good number of attempts to connect to db. 

Curious to know, how many times it actually attempt for connection?

• 2.  Re: If JDBC connection fails due to authentication, how many times does it retries to connect.
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 07, 2016 03:24 AM

Hello Monika - 

Yes, it keep attempting specially when password is wrong or expired and just because of that your account gets locked. It's very well known issue which we faced so many times. We also raised case with CA but they could re-produce this issue in their environment. So, I did write a small module to validate connection first. If my step connects to the DB successfully then only I use in-built step.

• 3.  Re: If JDBC connection fails due to authentication, how many times does it retries to connect.

Posted Oct 11, 2016 03:31 PM

Ahh.. logically, if aunthentication fails, it shouldn't keep on trying. 

Anyways, have you written a java code for the same? 

• 4.  Re: If JDBC connection fails due to authentication, how many times does it retries to connect.

Posted Oct 11, 2016 04:09 PM

Yes, logically it should stop but team wont agree on this issue until they reproduce it in their environment. Good thing is - You written the code and that will help !