IT Process Automation

• 1.  Reading a Connector configuration

Posted Oct 07, 2016 12:34 AM

Hi,

is it possible to access a Connector's configuration values from a PAM process ?

I'm working with the CA SDM connector and trying to avoid having a custom Dataset for my process, I'd like to read the configuration values from the SDM connector (SDM URL/Default User and Password).

The SDM Operators are designed to work without any configuration (regarding the SDM Connection), they fallback to the configured values. I'd like to replicate that in my custom process, but I haven't found any method to read those configured values.

• 2.  Re: Reading a Connector configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2016 09:08 AM

So you are building a custom operator and would like it to read from the Service Desk connector Module settings from the configuration screen?

I would assume if you create the Custom Operator using one of the Service Desk operators this would work and pull from the Module settings, but I have never tried it.

• 3.  Re: Reading a Connector configuration

Posted Oct 07, 2016 10:12 AM

Thanks for the comment, but this does not work, since the module configuration values are not exposed to the SDM Operators dataset.

What I'm trying to do is to have a custom 'Create Change' operator that supports setting Properties on a Change. So I created a custom process with Login/CreateChange/Logout (all operator based on the SOAP Call operator) and then I expose this process as a Custom Operator.

However, for me to perfom the Login to SD without adding extra input data (user/password) I would like to know the default SDM Connector configuration values (URL, user, pass).

• 4.  Re: Reading a Connector configuration
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 13, 2016 05:38 AM

Ok, just to reply to my own question, maybe someone will be in the same situation:

While I wasn't able to read the connector's configuration to get the SDM (default) connection parameters, I switched from using the default 'SOAP Call' operator (which would need explicitely the connection parameters) to using the 'SD Web Service Operation' operator (part of the CA Service Desk group or Operators) which is quite similar, but has the advantage of performing the SD Soap call guarded in a login/logoff sequence, reading the default connector's configuration for these steps.

This way, I retained the flexibility of the raw SOAP web service call and didn't have to explicitely enter the connection parameters in the operator or process.

• 5.  Re: Reading a Connector configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2016 01:15 PM

Cristi,

Thank you very much for the update, did using the SD Web Service Operator as the base for your custom operator allow you to achieve your requirements?

• 6.  Re: Reading a Connector configuration

Posted Oct 31, 2016 04:05 AM

Yes, in the end I got the behavior I wanted - customized Change Order creation without having to explicitely configure the SDM connection properties.