CA Service Management

• 1.  Mail Eater

Posted Oct 07, 2016 06:53 AM

Hi,

My customer would not like to create the tickets thru email and they want to send a default email to sender however we want to update the tickets if sent thru email.

we have different email addresses for mail from address and mail reply to address.

So when either they send the email to either mail from address or email to address, if it found the ticket number in the body it should update that ticket else it should send a default message to the sender.

Regards,

Sharath

• 2.  Re: Mail Eater

Posted Oct 07, 2016 08:43 AM

Hi Sharath,

I think this can be done by making sure on all the Mailbox Rules you create the Action is set to 'Update Object'. So whenever the user replies to the mails from ServiceDesk, only an update will happen and no new tickets created.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Mail Eater

Posted Oct 07, 2016 09:49 AM

Yes, this should be a option and further I missed to check.

If outside of any update rule not matched, the service desk should send a default response back.

We have created an other rule with filter string as * with IGNORE email and reply. But when it not matching to any rule we getting the reply but the update rules also not working

Im working further on this

/sharath

• 4.  Re: Mail Eater

Posted Oct 10, 2016 01:11 PM

sharath,

Please check that the global * rule to ignore email is the very LAST rule.  Then check the update rules above it so the subject line matches what your email system sets for the reply.  For example, ^Re: Incident {{object_id}}[ \t\r\n]

(You need to create update rules for Incidents and Requests, etc.)

J.W.