DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Question with cdm MC version configuration

Posted Oct 10, 2016 01:02 AM

I have deployed the cdm 5.72-MC version in my environment and deployed pre-configured packages for configuration.

And, I know this version remains silent and it is activated once 'Monitoring' Template is activated in USM.

However as of now I see that I'm getting cpu and disk alarms and no memory related alarms.(no templates are configured at this time). However once I create a Monitoring Template I get all the alarms.

Is this the usual behaviour or there could be something being overlooked by me? 

Monitoring Configuration Service - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.47 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 2.  Re: Question with cdm MC version configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2016 10:21 AM

Should not be getting alarms.

The only reason I can think you might be is if you had CDM deployed already with alerting enabled

and then updated to the MC version. This would not overwrite the .cfg until the template was activated and applied.

May want to try deleting the probe and the directory and then have the probe deployed again.

• 3.  Re: Question with cdm MC version configuration

Posted Oct 12, 2016 12:35 PM

And suppose if to start with, we only had the MC version of cdm then what could be causing this behaviour.