CA Service Management

• 1.  Request status change comment

Posted Oct 07, 2016 05:30 PM

Hello,

You know when you change a ticket status there's a possibility that Service Desk asks you for a comment to change that status..  I'll like to know how i can publish that status in an email notification that the user receive to be aware of the status change.

Regards.

• 2.  Re: Request status change comment

Posted Oct 07, 2016 07:31 PM

Hi Jason,

There should be an activity notification defined for the 'update status' activity that you can base setting this up on.

Look for a notification rule named' 'Default Update Status Notification Rule for request/incident/problem' -- in this notification rule is where you can define on the object contacts tab who you want to send the notification to (affected end user), and if the message template field is empty, add the 'Default Update Status message template for request/incident/problem" to that notification rule.  Then be sure to go to that message template and set the auto notification field to 'yes'.  I think that's all you need to do to send an email to someone each time the status is changed in a ticket.

Hope that helps!
    Tammy

• 3.  Re: Request status change comment

Posted Oct 10, 2016 11:31 AM

Hello Tammy,

Yes, i'm aware of that.  But in my case im using the Auto Close activity notification, in that template it's possible that i can show the comment a user writes when he set the case to Closed Requested..

Regards.

• 4.  Re: Request status change comment

Posted Oct 10, 2016 05:24 PM

Hi Jason,

The Auto Close activity is triggered when you change the status to 'resolved', not when you change the status to 'Close Requested'.  So I don't think that would be the template that you want to use for this.  If you want the customer to change the status on a resolved ticket to 'Close Requested', and then send an email to someone when that is done, there is a 'Close Requested' activity, notification rule, and message template that I think you would use to set this up. 

Tammy   

• 5.  Re: Request status change comment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2016 06:31 PM

In the Update Status Notification, the @{description} tag should show the comments within an email notification.