Service Virtualization

• 1.  MQ queue - no response when used from actual client

Posted Oct 09, 2016 03:18 PM

Hi,

we have many request and response queues created in IBM MQ server for LISA mq service to consume... 

There is issue with one particular  queue which was working until few days back.. the issue is when Client (soap service) puts message into that request queue, we are not getting response back on the response queue.. however when I see the client logs , it says no response on 'response queue' hence it is failed.. on other side we don't see any calls in LISA for server console.. So we have checked via MQ Explorer and it shows message received on request queue and processed but not getting who consumed it.. ( I hope no one else can consume that message until proper message id to correlation id matches ) 

just to debug more on this issue we have tried following 

1. same LISA model deployed on different queues and it works fine

2. same soap client used with different queues and it works.

the another test also I tried is, created  mq client in LISA and tried to publish and subscribe a message from there , even that works.

we are struggling  to identify where could be the issue.. 

• 2.  Re: MQ queue - no response when used from actual client

Posted Oct 09, 2016 03:57 PM

If you have access to MQ Explorer, then you can use that to make sure there are no other listeners on the request queue.  Try shutting down your VSE service, then check the request queue in MQ Explorer to see if the 'Open Input Count' is still greater than 0.

Another thing you can try is sending a test request message from DevTest.  Even if your test request doesn't match the service image, you can still use this to verify that the service is seeing any request traffic at all.

• 3.  Re: MQ queue - no response when used from actual client

Posted Oct 10, 2016 09:42 AM

If you have access to MQ Explorer, then you can use that to make sure there are no other listeners on the request queue.  Try shutting down your VSE service, then check the request queue in MQ Explorer to see if the 'Open Input Count' is still greater than 0.

>> We suspect problem with listener.. I can see some other listener is also listening but what surprises me is this will not listen the message if I publish from devtest client while it consumes the message if i publish from actual soap client which is hosted on weblogic server 

Another thing you can try is sending a test request message from DevTest.  Even if your test request doesn't match the service image, you can still use this to verify that the service is seeing any request traffic at all.

>>   I guess we have tried this scenario.. published a message from devtest client and seen the request matching in lisa and received the response.

• 4.  Re: MQ queue - no response when used from actual client
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 10, 2016 09:57 AM

> what surprises me is this will not listen the message if I publish from devtest client while it consumes the message if i publish from actual soap client which is hosted on weblogic server 

Maybe your mystery listener is filtering on a particular header field that's only sent by your application client?  Message filtering like that can be done with five MQ header fields: Correlation ID, Message ID, Group ID, Sequence Number, and Offset. 

If you know you have a conflicting listener on the request queue then you only have two options:  Disconnect the conflicting listener or move to a different request queue.  You can try and figure out why it only sometimes conflicts, but any conflict at all means you have to do one of those two if you want consistent behavior from the virtual service.

• 5.  Re: MQ queue - no response when used from actual client

Posted Oct 10, 2016 12:55 PM

Thanks for suggestion Kevin.. looking into these issues .. will update here once done