CA Service Management

• 1.  Create a ticket using Web Services

Posted Oct 10, 2016 11:07 AM

Hello guys,

How can I create a tickets using web services?

I need to integrate CA SDM 14.1.03 with Zabbix and I want to use web services.

How this configuration is possible?

• 2.  Re: Create a ticket using Web Services

Posted Oct 10, 2016 02:45 PM

Hi Thiago, 

CA Service Desk has two web services APIs available - one is SOAP web services, and the other is RESTful web services.  I am not familiar with Zabbix, but depending on what capability it has, it would most likely use one or both of those types of web services interfaces.   For information on using the web services APIs with CA Service Desk, please see the following section of the documentation:  Web Services Management - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

This will provide you with the info you need to get started.

With that I will also just give you a note of caution that CA Support is not able to assist you in creating web services apps, or troubleshooting custom web services apps as that is outside the scope of support.  So please keep that in mind when going this route.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Create a ticket using Web Services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2016 06:51 PM

There is also some sample code provided with the CA SDM install that might guide you in the right direction.

Look in the NX_ROOT\samples\sdk directory on the CA SDM server

• 4.  Re: Create a ticket using Web Services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2016 06:51 PM

There is also some sample code provided with the CA SDM install that might guide you in the right direction.

Look in the NX_ROOT\samples\sdk directory on the CA SDM server

• 5.  Re: Create a ticket using Web Services

Posted Oct 11, 2016 08:48 PM

Although it references earlier versions of SDM, there is some very good background and some specific examples in the SDM Integrations Vols 2.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/files/55876864/339223182/1/1466413135279/CA_SDM_Integrations_Vol_2_E… 

J.W.

• 6.  Re: Create a ticket using Web Services

Posted Jul 07, 2017 02:16 PM

Would you have another way to access the link you provided? I get a 404 not found.

• 7.  Re: Create a ticket using Web Services

Posted Jul 10, 2017 08:52 AM
      |   view attached

Here is my copy.  This is from 2012, so don't use any of the code samples!

J.W.

Attachment(s)

• 8.  Re: Create a ticket using Web Services

Posted Jul 10, 2017 09:57 AM

Thank you for replying to a year old comment. This is extremely helpful