Service Virtualization

• 1.  IBM MQ Native 8.3

Posted Oct 10, 2016 12:02 PM
      |   view attached

I'm trying to use the IBM MQ Native option to record from RRPairs using version 8.3(This is the customers version), my VS records fine and able to deploy but when I run the MQ Native Send/Recieve test step I get following error message

DevTest Server Console Completion Code 2 (MQCC_FAILED), Reason Code 2013 (MQRC_EXPIRY_ERROR)

Has anyone experienced same issue?

Furthermore I have used the deprecated way of MQ recording and this works fine.
    Project attached for reference

Attachment(s)

zip
    FBIL_Demo-JMS_OK - Copy.zip   154 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: IBM MQ Native 8.3

Posted Oct 10, 2016 07:46 PM

Try recording your RR pairs again with the following sidecar file:

msg.expiry=-1

msg.messageSequenceNumber=1

msg.originalLength=-1

msg.persistence=2

msg.priority=-1

msg.putApplicationType=0

There is a bug, fixed in 9.0, where some of the default MQ header properties put into your VSI by the RR pair process are incorrect.  The above properties, put into a sidecar file will, correct it.  You could also make the changes directly in every response's meta-data, or simply remove those properties from your responses' meta-data.

There is also a patch available if you want to contact support, the internal case number is RTC-235451.  You will still need to re-generate your service images after applying the patch, so I would just try the sidecar file first.

• 3.  Re: IBM MQ Native 8.3
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 11, 2016 06:03 AM

Thanks KB patch worked.

For some reason when I applied the sidecar this failed however just noticed that the patch only applied the properties to response so will give this a try later.