Test Data Manager

• 1.  How to customize the names as required while generating the data?

Posted Oct 12, 2016 11:13 AM

suppose to synthetically generate the data for Customer Name specifically with 'Andrew' data for some rows around 10, and some with other names with 'Thomas'.

But I believe when I used random seed function it gave me some random names, but I need to customize as per the requirement mentioned above.

Similarly I need to do for the credit card numbers as well with first 4 digits and last 4 digits having the same number '4324'xxxx'5678'  for around 10 rows.

Please help me out  how to customize using which function.

Thanks

Sunil

• 2.  Re: How to customize the names as required while generating the data?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 12, 2016 02:57 PM

Hi Sunil,

There is a function called customluhn that can generate valid credit card numbers with the format 4324xxxx5678. 

Here is some documentation on how to use it: Data Generation Functions and Parameters - CA Test Data Manager - 3.8 - CA Technologies Documentation  

Best regards,

Taylor

• 3.  Re: How to customize the names as required while generating the data?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2016 06:31 PM

Hi Sunil,

If a client wants a percentage based selection, they will need to create a specific #seedlist with duplicated entries in the RL_VALUE field(s). E.g., create seedlist RL_REF_ID = '30cptY70pctN' , RL_TOTAL = 10 with 3 rows of RL_VALUE = Y' and 7 rows of RL_VALUE = 'N'. Ensuring the RL_RN value increments from 1 to 10 through the rows.  Make sure and use a function such as SEQLOV to get the value, because, as you might guess (and as our Group Lead has pointed out to me) a RANDLOV would once again give you a random percentage and that is clearly not what you want.  

In your case, put in the names with the appropriate number of rows to make the percentage you wish to have.  Now, in the end they are not randomized (okay, you could intersperse the names but they will in the end be a consistent and predictable pattern), but they are in the percentage that you are requesting.

Cheers! Les