Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Disable API in Portal

Posted Oct 13, 2016 02:55 PM

Cannot disable API in Portal 3.5 CR2.  Clicking on the setup icon does not show disable option.  Selecting checkbox and trying to select "Disable" throws an popup error, "cannot perform this action".

• 2.  Re: Disable API in Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2016 07:10 PM

I cannot reproduce the problem, for steps to disable an API, please refer to,

Remove APIs - CA API Developer Portal - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Disable API in Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2016 07:15 PM

I guess you didn't disassociate APIs from the Applications?

• 4.  Re: Disable API in Portal

Posted Oct 14, 2016 08:47 AM

No associated applications.  After further trial and error, realised that APIs created from API Portal cannot be disabled.  For APIs created in policy manager and made portal managed service, then these can be disabled.  Is this a bug?

• 5.  Re: Disable API in Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 14, 2016 10:51 AM

This is not a bug ... If the API was created from the gateway side then you can delete it by

removing the 'set as Portal Managed' assertion within the gateway policy.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Daren

• 6.  Re: Disable API in Portal

Posted Oct 17, 2016 05:11 AM

Hi Daren, as shared, APIs created from gateway, I can disable/enable.  No problem. 

For APIs published through Portal API Publishing Wizard, I cannot disable them.

Rgds

• 7.  Re: Disable API in Portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2016 12:27 PM

Manage Portal-Published APIs - CA API Developer Portal - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

This is better documentation for exactly what you are looking for: how to deal with PORTAL managed API's (not published on the gateway). 

If you're looking to stop the API from being used, you would Deprecate it. 

Deprecate thisAPI?

To stop developers from adding the API to applications, select the check box to deprecate the API. Applications that already use the API can still use it.