Service Virtualization

• 1.  Automated way to check the Virtual Service Status and restart the services if stopped

Posted Oct 13, 2016 02:47 PM

Any one has created any automation tests  in LISA to check the status of the all the virtual services which are deployed in VSE ? 

I have a requirement like need an automation script which runs everyday morning and collect the status of the virtual services which are deployed and if any virtual services shows stopped, needs to be started again.. 

Basically we have few virtual services, those gets stopped in VSE some time during the automation tests executes by different teams and we need to restart those manually. we need this process to be automated.. 

If any one has done then please share the ideas or .tst file which saves me a lot of time 

• 2.  Re: Automated way to check the Virtual Service Status and restart the services if stopped
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 13, 2016 03:12 PM

You can write a test and deploy to CVS. The rest would cycle thru inventory of your deployed services, send a pond and do an assertion based on response code or timeout.  If unresponsive, then can invoke swagger API to send rest call to start service and also log the incident if desired 

• 3.  Re: Automated way to check the Virtual Service Status and restart the services if stopped

Posted Oct 13, 2016 07:46 PM

Thanks for the suggestion..do you have more details which helps me to implement this solution ..how can I access those APIs