CA Service Management

• 1.  Export Knowledge - need to see the html version

Posted Oct 14, 2016 12:29 PM

(ver 11.2 - SQL db)  I'm trying to clean up our knowledge base as we have 4,500 solutions and the knowledge editors have built hyperlinks to documents (word, pdfs, jpgs, etc.) that are stored in multiple shared LAN locations.  The problem I'm having, when export the resolution field all I see is plain text, such as "Click here to view reboot document" but what I really need to see is the html version that would look more like "Click here to view <a> href="http://corporate/LAN/SDT/reboot-v44.doc" target="NEW"> reboot document</a>"

I need to see the html version so I can easily and quickly locate all knowledge articles with hyperlinks and then get those links corrected where we use the build in KT repository link.

• 2.  Re: Export Knowledge - need to see the html version

Posted Oct 14, 2016 02:09 PM

Hi Keith,

A few things... 11.2 has been end of support now for many years.  The current version of the product is 14.1.03 - I would recommend you look into upgrading as soon as possible.  I believe the later versions of the product also allow you to export to a pdf which has the links.  If you need to look at the HTML version of the document, you can do so in the "SKELETONS" table, and the "LONG TEXTS" table - which you would have to first get the ID of the document and then query the database to return the data you need.

Hope this helps.

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Export Knowledge - need to see the html version

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2016 03:56 PM

Keith.............

TEC1591602 should be helpful

• 4.  Re: Export Knowledge - need to see the html version

Posted Oct 19, 2016 09:47 AM

Thanks Jon and Paul, yes this is what I need.  However, when I tried to build a Crystal report to link the Skeleton ID to the long_text ref_persid I get a message saying data types are not compatible.  Any suggestions on this?

As for upgrading, I would love to and it's been killing me for years that I can use the new features of 12.x but every year our upgrade request gets rejected because of more important projects. It doesn't help that the pro-serv quote was 200K, if it was half this amount we would have been 12.x years ago. As for customizations, next to nothing we're basically OOTB. I've added a few simple things from SDU which are all now part of 12.x so I could never figure out why 200k?

• 5.  Re: Export Knowledge - need to see the html version

Posted Oct 19, 2016 12:58 PM

Hi Keith,

Send me an email at lindsay@iteduconsultants.com . I may be able to help.

• 6.  Re: Export Knowledge - need to see the html version

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 19, 2016 05:35 PM

It might be easier just to run a straight query against the MDB instead of a Crystal report.

Then you can export the result set to Excel