Rally Software

• 1.  Hi, I use the Rally Excel Plugin to pull data...

Posted Nov 24, 2014 03:18 AM
    Hi, I use the Rally Excel Plugin to pull data from Rally.  When creating a query, I cannot see a type for Milestone, nor do I see a column entry for it when querying against a Portfolio Item type.  Is this attribute likely to be exposed soon?  I'm having a similar issue trying to pull milestone related data into a custom grid.  The attribute is selectable in the column list, but appears not be populated.

• 2.  Re:

Posted Nov 24, 2014 10:20 AM
    Hey Chris, I do believe adding Milestones to the Add-In for Excel is on the roadmap, although I can't say when!  What I can say is that you can always add this idea as a feature request on Rally Ideas (https://ideas.rallydev.com) to garner votes and discussion!  If you end up doing that, share it back here! As far as the issue with the custom grid, I recommend submitting a case with Rally Support to look into the issue to determine whether there is a defect there.

• 3.  Re:

Posted Apr 23, 2015 02:17 AM
    yes, we seriously need Milestone to be available in the Excel plugin...I ran smack into that tonight, thinking some so easy on a pivot table, if only i had the Milestone to group.  Wham!