Rally Software

• 1.  Can I reordering custom shared views? I have portfolio item...

Posted Feb 10, 2016 05:26 PM

Can I reordering custom shared views? I have portfolio item hierarchy of Bucket \ Program \ Initiative \ Feature, but I currently have 4 shared views setup in the order of Program, Bucket, Feature, and Initiative. Since I've already shared the permalinks for the shared views to many other people, I don't want to reconfigure/rename the views. So, I'd like to reorder them in the Portfolio dropdown menu instead. Possible?

• 2.  Re:

Posted Feb 16, 2016 12:08 PM
    Hi, Lawrence. It is possible to re-order the hierarchy by renaming items one at a time. For example: Step 1--Rename as follows, in this order: -Bucket (no change) 1) Program_old -Initiative (no change) 2) Feature_old Step 2: Rename top to bottom in desired order. Be aware, however, that this could have major impacts in your organization. If people now call the top level a "Bucket," you will have to train them to call that a "Program" now. Any reports outside of Rally you have built referring to "B1" (or whatever your abbreviation is) will have to be changed to "P1." This would be especially confusing since you would be swapping the same names into different places. The system is built to make the Portfolio Item field the "owner" of the order, not shared views. I gently recommend you change the views instead, and instead of sending out URLs, train people how to browse to the page they need. I'll say things like, "In the menu select 'Portfolio" and the view you want." That eliminates this problem. Good luck!

• 3.  Re:

Posted Feb 20, 2016 02:32 PM
    For the reply, Jim, but I'm not trying to reorder the levels of the portfolio item types. It's the display order of the custom shared views under the Portfolio menu that I would like to change.

• 4.  Re:

Posted Feb 22, 2016 09:09 AM
    Sorry I misunderstood. I've had to do the same thing, and found no way other than deleting the custom views and re-creating them in the desired order.