morjo02

Can anyone provide a recommendation for the following situation  ...

Discussion created by morjo02 Employee on Mar 17, 2016

Can anyone provide a recommendation for the following situation

 

Background and Issue

 

  • A user story from another project was added to a feature within my project by mistake
  • I realized the issue, because my feature was saying that I am supposed to have 3 stories but could I could only see 2 stories displaying 67% complete on the Portfolio Items tab
  • Through George and John’s help, we realized that due to access right limitations, I was unable to see the 3rd story – because I was not entitled to the other project.
  • User story ID was not searchable through the workspace by me however John could see it

 

 

Potential Risk/ Impact

  • As volume grows, more user stories, epics and or features when assigned could be assigned by mistake creating issues across the board for all users

 

 

Recommendations

 

 

  1. When searching to select a feature to assign a user story to, default to the project the user is working in with the option to assign based of an expanded search
  2. Create a soft warning asking users to confirm prior to allocating

Outcomes