Rally Software

• 1.  Mention Functionality

Posted Jun 06, 2016 02:05 PM
    I've used a few other agile story management tools. All previous tools have the "mention" function in comments/discussions. Currently, I have not been able to find that same functionality within Rally. 

For those not familiar: Mention allows you to post a comment to a story or task that forces an email notification to the individual mentioned, regardless of their email notification settings. In some tools, it also automatically sets the person to following the post so they get all future comments until they manually unfollow. Mentions are normally initiated by using the @ sign and their name or username.

Is this functionality I'm just missing or is it not within Rally? If not within Rally, is there a plan to add it? Seems like pretty standard functionality across agile tools.
    Thanks

• 2.  Re: Mention Functionality

Posted Jun 07, 2016 09:19 AM
    Cris, this functionality isn't there today but there's a well-supported enhancement request in Idea Manager for it at https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D2996 if you'd like to add your voice in support. I'd expect this to get prioritized as Flowdock and Agile Central get better integrated but so far it doesn't appear to be on the committed roadmap.

• 3.  Re: Mention Functionality
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2017 04:17 PM

Hi Cris! I'm a Product Owner at CA, and EricNash did a great job explaining the state of your request. I can do one better, though, and let you know that it's in our current plan! If you'd like to keep up-to-date on our progress, please Subscribe to the Idea Manager link that Eric provided, and we look forward to delivering it in the next months.