Rally Software

• 1.  How are you integrating Rally with Github?

Posted Sep 15, 2016 12:25 PM
    Is there a solution to so that when I submit a pull request in Github it will show on the corresponding ticket? And, ideally progress the ticket automatically when the pull request is merged.

• 2.  Re: How are you integrating Rally with Github?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2016 12:20 PM
    Hi Ian, I pulled this information from https://help.rallydev.com/github-installation-user-guide - but it doesn't allow for changing of a work item's state. The VCS Connector does, though. Check it out:

GitHub Services Integration:
    Rally's GitHub-Services integration creates changeset information in Rally associated with the workspace and SCMRepository of your choice. In Rally, when looking at an artifact, you can see detail on changesets associated with commits from GitHub push activities. Rally also provides reports that use the artifact, changeset, and change information to provide insight into files which get changed frequently or that are associated with higher than normal defect rates and other useful metrics-based reports.
    The integration scans for tokens in the commit message that conform to a Rally artifact's FormattedID format. These tokens are validated against Rally so that a reference to a valid Rally artifact (user story, defect, task) results in the association of the artifact to the changeset posted in Rally performed by this integration. However, unlike the Git VCS connector, (https://help.rallydev.com/git-installation-user-guide) this GitHub integration does not allow for the changing of an artifact's state.

Git VCS Connector: https://help.rallydev.com/git-installation-user-guide

• 3.  Re: How are you integrating Rally with Github?

Posted Aug 06, 2018 02:31 PM

Hey John,

Is there a way to bring changeset information into portfolio items instead of(or from) user story/defect/task?

Regards,

Nivi

• 4.  Re: How are you integrating Rally with Github?

Posted Dec 07, 2018 12:39 AM

• 5.  Re: How are you integrating Rally with Github?

Posted Dec 07, 2018 09:30 AM

Hi Nimish,

It looks like the website is saying that I would have to purchase the service.

And the data sheet itself does not say anything about my need Portfolio Items having the changeset information specifically.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Niveditha

• 6.  Re: How are you integrating Rally with Github?

Posted Dec 10, 2018 08:38 AM

Yes Niveditha, OIM is a paid service. However, it does allow you to bring some information within portfolio items as discussions. Depending upon what information you want at the portfolio level, whether or not you are committing against the portfolio item directly, and whether or not you want to roll-up information from children story and defect, our experts can come up with solutions for your use case.