Rally Software

• 1.  Is there a size limit to the "Value" field of a "Condtion" in a "Custom View"?

Posted Aug 12, 2014 10:10 AM
    When trying to use a long field as a value condition, the custom view will save but does not save that  specific condition value.   I would like to know what the size limit is for the condition value.   Or if there might be a different reason?

• 2.  Re: Is there a size limit to the "Value" field of a "Condtion" in a "Custom View"?

Posted Aug 12, 2014 03:32 PM
    Hi Betsy.  There must be a size limit -- because I just threw a bunch of text in there and it bombed!  So, let me see if I can find out what that limit is. 

• 3.  Re: Is there a size limit to the "Value" field of a "Condtion" in a "Custom View"?

Posted Aug 12, 2014 03:52 PM
    Actually, it looks like my previous test was a fluke!  I can't seem to find a hard limit on text.  However, I'm wondering if this is a shared view?  And is this happening specifically on the Description field? 

• 4.  Re: Is there a size limit to the "Value" field of a "Condtion" in a "Custom View"?

Posted Aug 12, 2014 03:56 PM
    Ok nevermind -- I found a defect that describes the exact same issue: 

"User Story Custom Views - Long Object Name Unsets Condition Value"

I'll log a case in your name and associate it to this defect so that you'll be notified once it's fixed!

• 5.  Re: Is there a size limit to the "Value" field of a "Condtion" in a "Custom View"?

Posted Aug 13, 2014 07:14 AM
    Thank you John, is there anyplace which shows current defects and their respective status?

• 6.  Re: Is there a size limit to the "Value" field of a "Condtion" in a "Custom View"?

Posted Aug 13, 2014 09:24 AM
    Hi Betsy, 

Not yet, but that's a story we've prioritized, as it's information we'd like to provide transparently.  We're hoping to leverage the Rally Success Community to share that information. 

So, it's coming soon!

• 7.  Re: Is there a size limit to the "Value" field of a "Condtion" in a "Custom View"?

Posted Oct 08, 2014 01:56 PM
    John, do you happen to have the idea related to this US?   I was trying to look for a place it existed to send to my coworker.

• 8.  Re: Is there a size limit to the "Value" field of a "Condtion" in a "Custom View"?

Posted Oct 08, 2014 04:29 PM
    Betsy, 

It actually wasn't a customer-faced feature request, but an internal one.  It's a story in our internal Rally Subscription slated for our Phase 2 work on the Success Community.  

It's this story:
    S6875 - Create Known Issues object and integrate into the Success Community