Rally Software

• 1.  how to configure ldap load script

Posted Aug 13, 2014 01:55 PM
    So i tried to go by the instructions provided in the 2014.2 installation guide.

First, there is no file called user_load_script.rb that I could find on the rally github website (github.com/RallyTools/Rally-User-Management/) which is where the link provided in the 2014.2 download page provides it (at least where our product rep sent us).

The file I found that appears to do that is called ldap_username_load.rb

It does not hardcode the filename and has no filename variable. It defaults it to the template but in theory it should accept the input file on the command line. But that didn't work so I tried renaming it.

This is what I get. Lines 21-25 are names of gems/files it is looking for. It looks like it is in conflict with the ones we were told to download from the Rally On-Premise Guide.

The guide says fastercsv the code says csv
    The guide says rally_rest_api, the code says rally_api

I have a feeling that this file is wrong and (hopefully) I've been misdirected and picked up the wrong file

Using Google, I think the right answer is: https://github.com/hazevedo/onprem-ldap-user-load-script/blob/master/user_load_script.rb

When I ran this script using the original csv and rally_api gems it worked

• 2.  Re: how to configure ldap load script

Posted Aug 14, 2014 03:57 PM
    Hi Michael,

Thank you for bringing this up, the documentation is in fact out-of-date.  The scripts that you need can be found here:  https://github.com/RallyTools/Rally-User-Management

Page 51 of the ReadMe specifically addresses the script for OnPremises and everything that is required to run it.

I will work with out team internally to get this information updated.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kate Thayn
    Rally Customer Support

• 3.  Re: how to configure ldap load script

Posted Jul 07, 2016 02:35 PM
    It looks like the documentation for On-Premises is out of date again (2016.1) since the ruby script it references is not found in the referenced GitHub repo.