Rally Software

• 1.  can a test case have a scheduled state

Posted Oct 07, 2014 06:52 PM
    Hello,

It looks like a test set can have a scheduled state with tests that are associated with it.

Also, test cases also can live under a Task and User Story. The task can have a scheduled state just like the User Story that the Task lives in.

We'd like to have test cases have a scheduled state so that for that User Story with a Testing Task, a rally user like manager can see if a test case is in an in-progress or complete state, for example.

Is that at all possible to do?

• 2.  Re: can a test case have a scheduled state

Posted Oct 08, 2014 07:43 AM
    As such the testcase itself is not scheduled for the iteration, and therefore doesn't have a scheduled state.
    What you could do instead, is add you own custom drop down field to the testcase. Please see https://help.rallydev.com/create-custom-fields for info on how to do that. I would suggest to use a different name like i.e. Progress to avoid confusion. As values for the drop down list you could enter whatever would fit your needs.

If you really want to have schedule state itself, I encourage you to post this topic on Rally Ideas at http://ideas.rallydev.com/ to garner additional discussion and votes from other Rally users.

Customer requests are an important part of our product backlog, so please continue to submit any suggestions you believe would be useful.  Ideas will go through a review process that includes:

- Documenting and submitting your request to Product Management
    - Aggregating similar requests into a single request
    - Reviewing and prioritizing each request
    - Scheduling the request for a specific release if appropriate

Your Rally Ideas account activates by logging in using your Rally credentials.  We appreciate the feedback!

• 3.  Re: can a test case have a scheduled state

Posted Oct 27, 2014 11:20 AM
    Hi Andres, if this response answered your question, please select it as "Best Answer" by hovering over the bottom of the post and hitting "Best Answer"!  That way it will show up as "solved" for other users who have the same question!
    0EM140000004fUr