Rally Software

• 1.  Why doesn't Rally turn urls into hyperlinks?

Posted Mar 27, 2015 12:47 PM
    In the WYIWYG editor and on comments, how do I get valid URLs to automatically turn into hyperlinks?

• 2.  Re: Why doesn't Rally turn urls into hyperlinks?

Posted Mar 27, 2015 02:08 PM
    Elijah, Rally does not automatically set URLs as hyperlinks because that is not always the intended purpose of the work item author.  If you would like to set a URL as a hyperlink, just highlight the URL and click the "link" icon.  It will automatically fill the hyperlink field for you.

• 3.  Re: Why doesn't Rally turn urls into hyperlinks?

Posted Mar 27, 2015 04:36 PM
    Thanks for the reply. That is a big PITA, it is the case where 99% of the time I want it to be a clickable hyperlink. I am trying to think of a use case someone would not want that. Most of our team knows how to click the buttons but nobody does it because it just takes another 2 clicks.

• 4.  Re: Why doesn't Rally turn urls into hyperlinks?

Posted Mar 27, 2015 05:32 PM
    I'd like to post this to the Product Feedback group if that's OK!

• 5.  Re: Why doesn't Rally turn urls into hyperlinks?

Posted Jun 26, 2015 04:07 PM
    Yes, you can share this anywhere you want. I just want it fixed. 

• 6.  Re: Why doesn't Rally turn urls into hyperlinks?

Posted Oct 29, 2015 05:21 PM
    John,
    I do not have an answer for this. But I would like to add that our teams have experienced the pain described by Elijah as well. The link used to exist before the new editor was put in place. Can you please update us on the request to the Product Feedback group? That would be really helpful. Thanks!

• 7.  Re: Why doesn't Rally turn urls into hyperlinks?

Posted Oct 30, 2015 01:43 PM

• 8.  Re: Why doesn't Rally turn urls into hyperlinks?

Posted Oct 30, 2015 01:44 PM
    Looks like links to auto hyperlink don't work here either. This is the internet, why would I want a link to not be a link?

• 9.  Re: Why doesn't Rally turn urls into hyperlinks?

Posted Oct 30, 2015 01:45 PM
    Great test case! :)