Rally Software

• 1.  Notifications on portfolio items

Posted May 26, 2015 08:47 AM
    It doesn't seem that we can add a notification to portfolio items in Rally.  I have folks in the portfolio management team that would love to know when a feature is added to a initiative they own, and email notifications would work if they were available.  Is there another way to do this that I am not seeing, or is this a feature coming to Rally soon?

• 2.  Re: Notifications on portfolio items

Posted Jun 15, 2015 02:29 PM
    Hi Jeff -- you're right, that's something that's so far been lacking.  However, we have something in beta right now that will allow you to watch an item very easily!  Stay tuned!

• 3.  Re: Notifications on portfolio items

Posted Feb 14, 2017 02:57 PM

Is there an update on this?   I have user who really want this!!!

• 4.  Re: Notifications on portfolio items

Posted Feb 14, 2017 06:05 PM

Terry -- DEFINITELY! Check out this link: Watch Work Items | CA Agile Central Help 

• 5.  Re: Notifications on portfolio items

Posted Feb 15, 2017 09:48 AM

Hi John,

Watches are helpful, but don't really meet the needs of my portfolio and delivery stream managers:

• You can't control what notifications you receive, leading to extraneous notifications
    • You can't watch a project for added items (e.g. new Epics created in your portfolio by someone else)

My concern is that if I recommend they use watches on their Epics, they are going to get notifications every time someone adds a user story to a feature on their epic, which is going to create a lot of noise.  It could lead to a 'boy who cried wolf' situation where the watch notifications become useless noise due to the high volume.

Is there any thought to adding the ability to create notification rules by project (e.g. notify me if things are added in my team's work space) and/or by portfolio item?

• 6.  Re: Notifications on portfolio items
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 15, 2017 10:06 AM

I hear that, Terry. I'm not sure that notification rules by project has been looked at, but it's certainly an idea that you might get some traction on! I encourage you to post it (along with specific detail, screenshots if applicable, etc) to https://ideas.rallydev.com!  Thanks!

• 7.  Re: Notifications on portfolio items

Posted Oct 15, 2018 12:21 PM

I also have the need to get notifications on portfolio items. The watch feature only helps when you care about updates to a particular portfolio item, it doesn't help you get updates on new portfolio items that you are unaware of.

Please add this feature!  I'm pending getting access to https://ideas.rallydev.com, I'll submit it there if I can get access.