Rally Software

• 1.  How to automate users disabling process ?

Posted Aug 04, 2015 06:17 AM
    Currently I am running Ruby based script to disable users which have not logged in since last 45 days or more. Current process is quite manual and steps are below
    provide rally userid and password in Ruby variables list
    Get list of users who have not logged in from last more than 45 days 
    filter their emails ids and feed it to ruby disable list
    Run command promopt to login using your company user id and passowrd
    Run Ruby script to disable users using command prompt

I am looking for something which will be either a scheduled activity or it can be just one click. Though I can try to optimize above steps but thought of knocking community door to see if there is something better available.

Himanshu

• 2.  Re: How to automate users disabling process ?

Posted Aug 04, 2015 09:24 AM
    Hi Himanshu,
    In my case I wrote a Java program against the WebServices API to get a list of users that need to be disabled (I cross-match with LDAP output of disabled users). It's run automatically using the Windows AT command.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/313565
    In my opinion that's the best and simplest way to do this. The AT command invokes a bat file that invokes the Java program with proper command-line arguments. The password is in a keystore, stored securely, and not in plaintext format.
    Hope this helps you? Please don't hesitate to post additional questions if you need any clarification.
    Sesh

• 3.  Re: How to automate users disabling process ?

Posted Aug 04, 2015 10:35 AM
    Thanks Sesh ! I will try out what you have suggested. If I come across any difficulty I will get in touch with you.
    Himanshu

• 4.  Re: How to automate users disabling process ?

Posted Aug 18, 2015 11:28 AM
    Hi Himanshu, did the above response help you?  If so, please mark the answer as "Best Answer" so others can find the same solution!